Ahhhh homework… I am probably not the best person to ask how I feel about homework. Last year, my poor work ethic had gotten me into some trouble, and it seems I’m beginning to fall back into the same rut. Homework has been and perhaps always will be my biggest downfall. When my work is completed it is generally thorough and correct, although it is rarely completed, and it’s a miracle if it is on time. (as proven by these late blogs)
My problem does not lie with the amount of homework. I think it has more to do with how the work is spread out. You see, teachers tend to give homework in moderation, thinking students have a little each day, and then they get though all of it. I don’t work that way. I prefer to have a large lump of homework and get through it all at once. And although you may think I prefer this so that I will have free time when I’m done, that is simply not the case. Working with a larger sum of work allows my brain to warm up. It needs a blog or two to stretch and shake off the cobwebs. It needs to build up speed and shift into higher gears before it can provide the best, most intelligent work I am capable of. And once I’m going, I don’t like to stop. I’d rather work through two whole days writing papers or doing math problems, and push my brain to its top speed, keeping it there until I run out of gas than constantly turning it on and off for just minutes a day. It’s not reaching its potential. It’s being insulted with petty busy-work. It doesn’t learn things in the slow-moving, tight-muscle, first-gear state of being. It simply does what it needs to.
This blog didn’t exactly answer each aspect of the blog specifically, but my brain got into second gear and it wouldn’t let me slow it down to read the blog topic. It has a mind of its own, and apparently a point to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment