Monday, January 16, 2012

Deep Questions


How can people be so oblivious to their own actions? Why has society become so self-centered and selfish? What happened to looking out for one another? What happened to treat other the way you want to be treated? What happened to being human? Aren’t humans supposed to be pack animals? Aren’t we supposed to work together as a society? Isn’t that what being human is all about? Why is everyone so concerned with trivial problems in their own lives? Why are they so focused on how they look, what other people think of them, how popular they are, how much money they make, how much money it looks like they make, how much money other people make, how cool they are, how many friends they have, how much alcohol they can drink, and how many parties they attend? Why is the cast of the Jersey Shore so popular? Why are those people idolized? When did these traits and behaviors become acceptable? Why doesn’t anyone care about anyone but themselves anymore? Am I the only one that thinks this way? Are there still some kind-hearted young individuals out there somewhere? Or has everyone become ignorant, uncivilized, selfish creatures with either an inability or a refusal to learn anything outside what they currently know, a blatant disregard for the thoughts, feelings, and opinions of others, that assume they know everything they need to know from what they have encountered from their experiences, their view, and their thoughts? Why does no one realize how bad our youth is? Have children, teens, and young adults always been this way? Is this a more recent trend? Will it ever change? Will it change for the better or worse? Why is there such a lack of culture or sophistication? Who is to blame? Is it really the fault of the children? Are they just following what they see? Is the whole world as evil as it appears? Am I wrong? Am I the one that is unusual and different? Is my way of thinking the wrong one? Is either way of thinking better or worse than the other? Does anyone else think about this? Does anyone else at least share my thoughts, but not necessarily my opinions? Do I think too much? Do I look too deeply into things? Or have I just escaped the trap of ignorance and undeserving pride that has befell my many classmates? Am I as smart as I think I am? Am I misinformed? Do I have a false sense of pride in my own opinions and life choices? How do I know? How can I determine what is right and wrong? If what is true and fact is merely what the majority agrees on then aren’t I the minority? Doesn’t that make my thoughts wrong? But my thoughts are based on what everyone agrees it means to be human, so I can’t be wrong right? Can I be right and wrong at the same time? Is everyone being hypocritical? They know what is right, but why do they still do wrong? Is it just human nature to conform? Is it really that hard to avoid peer-pressure and choose the right path? Am I ignorant to the full power that peer-pressure truly can possess? Why can’t I get away from the degradation of civilized society? Why do I somehow not share the same mindset that everyone around me seems to have? 

No comments:

Post a Comment